What causes extremely elevated SGPT when suffering from jaundice?
User rating for this question
My sgpt level is 2219 which is too much then the regular level 5 - 42 so how much is this XXXXXXX ..????and what shoud I further do to cure it.....reply me asap ......and I'm right now suffering from jaundice also with 5.3 points......
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Jaundice just symptom, most likely Hepatitis Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. The most likely cause for such an elevated level of SGPT is hepatitis. Jaundice is just a symptom, and in my opinion the most likely cause would be hepatitis. Now, there are many different types of hepatitis, but if yours has a sudden and acute onset the most likely variant would be Hepatitis A or E, both of which are transmitted by consumption of contaminated food or water. Request your doctor for the following investigations: anti-HEV IgG levels and anti-HEV IgM levels; and anti-HAV IgM levels. You levels are not fangerous, but are indeed high and you any require hospitalization as well, for monitoring purposes. There are of course other variants of hepatitis as well, but the above are the two most commonly seen ones. Please visit a doctor for an elaborate examination and diagnosis. Other causes for such a high level of SGPT are kidney failure, injury or certain specific medications. Please request your doctor for a more accurate diagnosis, and if you have not met a doctor yet, I would strictly urge you to do so at the earliest sir. I hope this helps. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Bumps on skin coluflower
- Is it possible to remove gallbladder with out surgery
- Red bumps that come and go
- Bumps on perineum come and go
- Does paracetamol causes liver failure
- What should be an effective diet during jaundice
- Jaundice is merely a symptom and not a disease
- What causes extremely elevated sgpt when suffering from jaundice
- What causes jaundice to the unborn child when pregnant
- What causes jaundice in cirrhosis
- What causes jaundice in adults
- I have been diagnosed wit cholecystitis and have a stone
- Lack of concentration due to bumping head
- What causes jaundice in newborns
- Under eye conditions bumps and itchey