What causes blood in stool while suffering from foot and mouth disease?

I have been out of the hospital for three weeks after pericarditis and pneumonia. Last week, I contracted hand, foot and mouth disease. Today, I discovered that I have blood in my stool. Red. Can this be a complication from the enterovirus and have I become more susceptible to infections now?
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please, monitor longer!!!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these diseases that you have suffered of recently. I do hope you are getting better every other day. This infection has in no way caused you to be more susceptible to infections than before. This is not also a possible complication of the enterovirus infection. Blood is stool is relatively common and most causes are often transient. As a physician, I always ask me clients to monitor their stools and make sure this is a repetitive and constant. If it is not, I will generally not do anything. If it gets repetitive, then I will generally what to investigate it. For now, I will ask you to take a look at your stools over the next days. If it should persist, then I will recommend that you get consulted for this. Otherwise, I will ask you to not bother unless something else comes up. I wish you well.I hope you find this information useful. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to request for more information if needed. Dr. Ditah, MD.