Diagnosed with glaucoma, have low resting pulse rate. How would that worsen the glaucoma?

I am am in my early 60 s and diagnosed with glaucoma . I also have a low resting pulse - in the 50 s - although I am not diagnosed with bradycardia . I do not experience faintness, dizziness, exhaustion, shortness of breath. I am a regular exerciser - moderate to brisk walking 4 - 6 days/week. My opthomologist mentioned to me that low pulse rate could actually worsen the glaucoma, particularly when I am asleep. I didn t understand his explanation of why - something about the blood flow being insufficient to infuse the optic nerve properly??? I need a pacemaker to treat my glaucoma???
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012