Diagnosed with fatty liver. Have swollen face, painful liver. Is it dangerous?

My husband has been diagnosed with a fatty liver (which seems to be different from Fatty Liver Disease , I think). He has been regulating it by diet and exercise but whenever he has what he calls an attack his lips and face below the nose swells and he looks like he s been punched in the face. Is this a symptom of fatty liver or something else entirely (although it coincides with the painfull liver attacks). Is this something harmful he shoudl be seen about? It s not painful, just uncomfortable and slightly embarrassing to be in public.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013