Diagnosed with disc herniation in neck, C4 and C5. Pain in arms, shoulders and hands, dull ache. Why ?

I was diagnosed with disc herniation in my neck . C4 and C5 Recently, however the pain in my arms, shoulders and hands has become worse. In addition, I have a dull ache that runs down my leg. I have a pins and needles feeling in my hands and feet . I m confused about why this would be occurring in both my upper and lower extremities. The pain runs down the back of my buttocks and my hip hurts to sit or lay down. Is this pain related or do I have a new problem going on. I also feel embarrassed to share this, but I m experiencing numbness in my groin/crotch area. It doesn t last for a long time. Usually, changing positions will make it better. I m not sure what s going on. Can you give me any answers?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012