Diagnosed with breast cancer, surgery successful, negative lymph nodes, no metastasis, advised chemotherapy. Reason?

HI, My mother has been diagnosed with PT4bN0M) breast cancer. Surgery was successful. Lymph nodes are free of tumor. No metastasis . Her pathology report says 3) Estrogen Receptor (ER) - Poitive (Allred Score 3+3 =6) 4) Progestrone Receptor (PgR) - Positive (Allred score 3+3 = 6) 5) Her-2/neu - Negative Her medical oncologist said 4 cycles chemotherapy is required. and also 5 years hormone therapy . Completed 1st cycle on 22nd Aug, 2012 with endoxan, adrim(remember only those 2) When there is no metastasis and -ve lymp nodes, why chemotherapy is required?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012