Diagnosed with PCOS. On metformin. Why do I have acne and facial hair?

well i am 25 year old girl,i was dignosed with pcos last year as my fsh and lh ratio was fsh 4.77 lh 8.23, serum insulin 12.20uu/ml, blood urea nitrogen 13mg/dl, serum creatinine 0.9mg/dl, serum tsh 3.38uiu/ml,serum testosteron 28.11ng/dl, doctor put me on metformin , i was using this since year, i hav lost my weight, my periods are normal now, i got my fsh and lh done 5 months back, fsh 5.95 and lh 6.90, my doctor adviced me to contibue metformin, but now am having acne and hirsutism problem and its very embaracing to have facial hairs, please tell me what to do now
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012