Diagnosed with Bell's palsy, trigeminal neuralgia, have constant facial and jaw pain with high BP. Could it be due to nerve compression?

I m a 52 yr old healthy female, 5 6 150lbs who runs 3-4 miles, 3-4 times weekly. no smoking, drugs or alcohol use. not on any medications. Last Monday I was suddenly admitted to the hospital for facial numbness pain in left temple and behind left eye with bp of 199/100 (normal bp 118/74). I Had catscan, mri, echocardiogram , carotid ultrasound, all negative in 3 day stay. diagnosis of bell s palsy put on antiviral and steriod for 7 days as well as trigeminal neuralgia put on tegretol 100 mg twice daily. now my bp continues to be 150 s / 90 s, constant pain in face, jaw. It seems as if nerve compression somewhere (4 & 5 vertabrae degenerative disc disease managed with an occasional Aleve) is causing more pain. Is this possible? Should I be on high blood pressure meds? I see my medical doctor on tomorrow and the neurologist next Thursday
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012