Diagnosed successively with schizophrenia, diabetes, COPD, depressive disorder. Will OP therapy help?

I have a patient who has a 1st diagnosis of schizophrenia , 2nd dx of diabetes, 3rd dx of depressive disporder and 4th of COPD . They are receiving outpatient therapy services. If I am understanding correctly, the purpose of OP therapy is to improve, restore and or compensate for loss of functioning following illness or injury? What justification could there be for a patient with the above mentioned diagnoses receiving OP therapy visits?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013