Diagnosed UTI. On antibiotics. Having fever, chills, sweating. Has infection transferred to kidney? Further treatment?

Hi, Needed your advise. My mother aged 61 yrs has been diagnosed with Urinary Tract Infection 15 days back. She has been on antibiotics for about 8 days. Of late, past 4 days she has started developing fever , with chills and sweating inspite of being on antibiotics. Wanted to know if this indicates a transfer of infection from urinary tract to kidney? What should be the next course of action?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013