Diabetes, neuropathy, have legs, hips pain, taking bilateral hip injections. Will the pain stop?

Hi..I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 41. I am now 43,and was just diagnosed with neuropothy. i take 2400mg of gabapentin a day. For 3 months i have had pain in my leg, hips , butt, kneeI, feet arms, hands. I had bilateral hip injections 2 weeks ago. My question is does the pain ever stop? i have had @2 good days this week Im scared the pain will come back. the spasams hurt so bad walking long distance is bad sometimes my leggs give out. what should i expect in the future does the pain come back? also how do i know what type of neuropothy i have?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013