Delayed periods, very heavy bleeding. Visit to the doctor needed?

some one please help me, I need to know if what’s happening to me is something normal. My period was late five day, through that whole time I was cramping like crazy and my back was killing me. I got my period 2 days ago, very… heavy. Today I’m bleeding even more and I just put on a pad 15min ago and I can see and feel a lot of blood coming out. Let me mention that my period has never been late, nor I have ever bleed like this in my life. I’m 22 years old. Am I having a miscarriage? Please help me! Should I go to the ER?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013