Delayed periods, sore breasts, no stress. Negative pregnancy tests. Causes for symptoms?

Hello. I am currently one week late on my period but a home pregnancy test came back negative. My breasts are a little sore and I do have some early pregnancy signs. Would it be possible that I took the test too early even though it says it can detect pregnancy up to 6 days before my missed period. I am just concerned there may be something medically wrong. I have no stress because have had the summer off of work. I believe if I did conceive it would have been July 16? Any recommendation?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012