Delayed periods, light brown spotting. History of ovarian cysts. Due to stress or pregnancy?

Well, my periods about a week or so late. Ive been under quite some stress and Im hoping that stress is the reason why im late. I haven t had any other signs of pregnancy but I understand every women is different. This pregnancy scare is causing even more stress. I want to make sure I m not pregnant. If y all think its stress related, what can I do to destress? My periods pretty regular. In between my last period, about two weeks afterwards, i had stringy, light brown spotting. I do have ovarian cyst , and possibly it s old blood . But i really need to know for sure what all this is.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012