Dark spot in eye, sustained minimal blunt trauma. No diminished vision. Anything major?

Hello Doc, I have a dark spot in my vision in low light situations (dark room at morning, or night) after I sustained minimal blunt trauma to the eye region. I saw an optometrist the next day, and she said that there was some swelling and hemorrhaging, but nothing major, and that it will likely reabsorb over time. Does this sound like a good diagnosis, or should I follow-up immediately with an Ophthalmologist? I don t see any floaters , flashes, curtains coming down over my eye, or diminished peripheral vision . Just a dark spot in my vision at night, or morning. I was hit by an object just below my left eye. My dark spot is in that same eye at the top of my vision. Thank you for your time!!
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012