Swollen arm due to blunt trauma

My arm is swoleen from shoulder to wrist after being hit by a softball, what do I do? I didnt notice any issues until 24 hours later
Asked On : Sun, 15 May 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
welcum to healthcaremagic
i dont think tht u got any severe injury by soft ball.
better u go n consult an orthopedician. they will diagnose properly and u hv to follow the medication.
tk cr
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
It is a post traumatic swelling .Is it associated with pain or not .Is movement of arm are painful or decreased.It appears a simple case of soft tissue injury followed by swelling.But still advise you to tale anti inflammatory drugs along with some antibiotics & cold sponging.if no relief go for X-ray to rule out fracture ,as in fracture swelling is more & associated with pain.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”