Dark painful bruises on legs, nausea, tiredness. Diabetes test normal. Causes?

In the past few days I have developed some very painful, dark bruises on my legs. I ve never bruised easily and I did not bang against anything. I also have felt periodically nauseous and have been very tired. I had some simple blood work done and a diabetes test, tests which came back normal. The clinic doctor advised me to go to the emergency room if the bruising continued or worsened. What are the possible causes of this odd and painful bruising
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012