Cramping, brown discharge after PAP smear. Why did this happen?

I had a 6 mo pap smear follow up with my obgyn 3 days ago, and I have experienced a brown discharge to a deep red discharge/clotting almost immediately after. Now, on third day, I have slight cramping/bubbly feeling in my tummy. Almost like my tummy is growling, or stirring. What does all of this mean, I am expecting my period soon and thought maybe the pap just brought it on early, but its not enough blood to fill a pad and its not enough cramping to take a midol. And I do not believe I am or was pregnant during the pap. I am reading alot abt cervical cancer , miscarriage , etc as to why this would have happened....Please help. Than you.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013