Could this be implantation bleeding or am I Pregnant ?

I had my last period on the 3rd of december last year and 12 days after ovulation i started off with spotting, then i had bleeding which was lighter than my period and no cramps, pain or any other symptoms. This lasted for about 3 days then i went back to spotting again which lasted less than a day. Could this be implantation bleeding?

Over the past few days i have started noticing symptoms of early pregnancy, for instance, mood swings, bloating, needing to wee more often than usual, wind, finding it really hard to get to sleep, tiredness and ive got a feeling i might be pregnant. Also I feel really emotional and can cry really easily.

My stomach is heavily bloated and is hard, my breasts have also gotten bigger and the area around my nipple is darker, even my nipple. I have also lost my waist due to extra skin.

Am I pregnant?????? What’s your opinion and I don’t have a test at hand????
Asked On : Tue, 18 Jan 2011
Implantation bleeding takes place within 3-4 days of fertilization.Not afetr 12 days.Plus it occurs only as spotting and lasts for a day or two.Your bleeding lasted few days.I suggest that you take a pregnancy test fast.
Hi, thanks for your reply!

I think im pregnant because i am usually sick every month and cant move for the pain. Im showing pregnancy symptoms. I cant take a test because im too scared it will be negative.

Do you think theres a really good chance im pregnant???????
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Well,i cant say for certain but usually the implanattion bleeding isnt that much as you've described.And its early for pregnancy symptoms to occur.Take the test as you need to be certain as soon as possible.If you are then you should have a scan asap.
It was only really 2 days, i asked my partner and he said it was 2 days.

If i was pregnant i would be a about 6 weeks

Ive gotta be pregnant... havent i???????? theres no other explanations!!
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
If you have missed your period then thats a likely option.The only way to confirm is to take a test.
i think your answers are rubbish. If you look on website forums about how other people are during an early pregnancy its sooooo different to what your saying!!!

I have missed my period!! i only bled for 2 days and i had spotting!!!
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
You are a confusion about your own history.You first said that that '12 days after ovulation i started off with spotting, then i had bleeding which was lighter than my period and no cramps, pain or any other symptoms. This lasted for about 3 days then i went back to spotting again which lasted less than a day.'These were your exact words. then you said that it was only two days.you keep changing your history.i dont care what other people are saying.symptoms in early pregnancy occur in few people and definitely after 6 weeks.Implantation bleeding occurs 3-4 days after fertilization.So by your so alleged dates it should have occurred around 22nd dec plus minus 2 days.The bleeding should have been minimal.lasting a day or so.Apart from nausea its too early to have other symptoms.If you missed your period then you should have taken the test instead of speculating.I have given you an answer based on medical knowledge.
i said i spoke to my partner who told me i got it mixed up. actually it wouldnt happen until the fertilised egg which can take 2-3 days had attached itself to the wall of the uterus which can take upto a week.

you do not get implantation bleeding untill all this has happpened and is usually a few days before your period was meant to be due.

check your facts on "medical knowledge"
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Madam,let me make this clear.The first sign of pregnancy is a missed period.If you have missed your period then the first thing to do is take a test.Implantation bleeding occurs in one third of the population.Its easily goes un noticed.Infact the spotting is minimal and lasts just a day.Its often accompanied by pain,cramps.Most women dont even notice it.The bleeding is so slight.According to your statement you had a light period for 2 days.Im questioning this.not your time of implantation timing.Its also possible that you are indeed pregnant but usually the spotting is not as much as you have described.Every woman is not the same however.There is no way to confirm from your pregnancy from your symptoms at this early stage.Unless your pregnancy test confirms it there is no way to confirm it.At 6 weeks you should have nausea and fatigue.That too is debatable as pregnancy affects people differently.No doctor will base the diagnosis on symptoms alone.Taking the test would be the logical thing to do.
I do not take kindly to your tone as I'm pregnant. I took a stupid test!!!

Obviously you don't have medical facts like you may like to think!!!
can i just say you (dr rhea) mentioned that you can only be pregnant if you missed a period well when i was pregnant with my first child i had 2 periods in the first 2 months of pregnancy i found out i was pregnant at 11 weeks. but gillian if you take a test and its negative but you still feel the same repeat it within a week and still if your not sure go to your gp and have a blood test i had 7 negatives with my first aswell as periods it only confirmed through a blood test x
thanks natalie! i'm going to take a test tomorrow morning and ive got an appointment with my doctor for tuesday.