Could i be pregnant, if i have thick wall of uterus ?

I have thicken of the wall of my uterus. What does this mean? I am 34 and i ve been trying to get pregnant i m scared.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Thickening of the uterine wall as seen in fibroid and sometimes in adenomyosis needs special care once woman becomes pregnant. Chances of pregnancy are fair and if somebody have problem in conceiving, with newer treatment modalities it is quite possible.

Best wishes,

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
there are fair chances of conceiving. It will be advisable to have dashmoola arisht [ a herbal decoction made of ten herbs ] which acts as uterine tonic and also brings back the thick wall of uterus for at least a month 2tsf tds.
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
What you have mentioned is called Fibroid of the uterus.Fibroids are benign muscular outgrowths seen in reproductive age women.These are of 3 types-1)Intramural-located deep in the wall of the uterus 2)subserosal-on the outside & 3)submucosal-towards inside of the uterus. The only type that is supposed to have a large impact on reproductive function (unless they are large or numerous) is the submucous type that pushes in to the uterine cavity. Because of their location inside the uterine cavity, submucous fibroids can cause fertility problems and miscarriages.
Let me know what your ultrasound says.