Coughing at night, sore throat, sweating. History of tonsillitis. What do I have?

Hi I m not feeling very well and have a very bad cough at night/when I sleep - mum thinks it might be whooping cough . It started last night and I just had another sleep then too and woke up because I couldn t handle the couching. No I am up and about I am not coughing. I had a sore throat for about a week before I went out on friday night, drunk and smoked a lot and woke up with no voice. I have been getting the sweats when I sleep and generally don t feel very nice/ flu like sympdoms. Sore head etc. I was meant to go to the doctors today but I decided I wouldnt go because I have already had three lots of antibiotics this year for tonsillitis and dont think my body needs more. WHat do you think I may have? I m just a bit worried that smoking could give me throat cancer - as I am a paranoid person. I started last year on and off and mostly just when I go out - but sometimes at periods every day. I am only 18 so just want to be sure.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012