Cough, sore throat, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, bruise on upper arm. Related symptoms?

Hi, I have been having flulike symptoms - started with a cough and sore throat , and then the last few days nausea with diareah and a little vomiting . I ve also now just noticed an odd bruise on my upper arm, not sure if it s related but it s about the size of a nickel, dark purple with red dots. I ve never seen this before and don t recall any injury to my arm. Is this cause for concern, or related to my flu somehow?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013