Continuous pus formation inside the surgical area post breast surgery. Biopsy showed granulomatous mastitis. What does it mean?

Granulomatous mastitis is a term that has been proposed for a granulomatous inflammatory process of breast characterised by the presence of non caseating granulomous in which no microorganisms are found the suggestion has been made that the disease maybe immunologically mediated and therefore analogous to granulomatous orchitis an granulomatous thyroiditis . Granulomatous mastitis should be distinguished from other causes of granulomatous inflammation of breast like tuberculosis or fungal infection . This is a report of biopsy of lesion left breast . i could not understand the report !!. Actually i had a surgery on my breast 20th may but after that pus was forming inside the surgical area so they had to extract the puss.But still its forming continuously . can you tell me the reason for all this.And what to do?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Thank for asking to the HCM
I really appreciate your concern, looking to the history given here, this is formation of granular tissue, this is the new kind of tissue that develop during the process of healing is new kind of connective tissue and inflammation of this is called granulomatous prefix with the name of organ which affected in your case it breast, so the term used " Granulomatous mastitis" hope this information helps you, have a nice day.