Continuous muscle contractions, muscle tightness, lower back ache with severe bloating, on monthly due. What do these symptoms indicate?

Hi, for the past couple of weeks i have been experiencing minor pains, muscle contraction (only way i can think of explaining) tightening of my muscles and like a feeling of being kicked. Im due to have my monthly cycle anyday but have no indication of period pains or sign of it coming, however the past couple of days my lower back has started aching and severe bloating . The first thing that came to mind was pregnancy but surely its too early to be having those sorts of symptoms?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012