Constantly smelling like blood, had hysterectomy, shortness of breath, palpitations. Build up of iron?

Please tell me why I can constantly smell blood/metal, almost like it s seeping through my skin. I have not had surgery recently. I had a sub-total hysterectomy over 10 years ago, so I wondered if it was a build up of iron. I sometimes am short of breath and get palpitations now and again. I don t suffer with headaches . I don t have boundless energy but I manage to walk/jog about 5km every day. I am 59 years old.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012