Consistent swelling in the mastoid region, constant stuffiness in ear while swallowing. CT scan normal. Suggestion?

I am a 31 yrs old healthy woman with no significant medical history...not taking any medicines....One year back I noticed a hard bump about 1 cm in diameter behind my right year near mastoid region...It was not tender but slightly itchy...I felt bit heavy or stuffy in my right ear while swallowing ....There was no discharge or pain in right ear....Overlying skin was normal in color...the bump/ swelling reduced to half size in 2 -3 days... and I forgot about it till it appeared again 4-5 times for past 1 year...The symptoms remain ear pain or infection...The swelling reduces to the size of a pea but never goes completely....also it is bony hard and non tender...I got a CT scan done which was reported normal....I went to an ENT surgeon who told me it could be due to dandruff without even looking at it !!!!! I don t have a dry scalp/ dandruff....My right ear feels stuffy everytime I swallow (since one year) ...The swelling appeared two days back and its there as I am typing...Its scary...!!! please help... .Although I learnt that its normal, just to mention, I have a coughing reflex while cleaning my right ear since childhood...
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012