Congestive heart failure, atrial fibrillation, left ventricle failure. On DIgoxin and diuretics. Further?

My mum has congestive heart failure , atrial fibrillation , left ventricle failure and she takes DIgoxin , bisoprolol and diuretics . She got admitted to the hospital with a chest infection and slow heart rate around 40. The hospital stopped digoxin and bisoprolol for 2 days and the heart rate now is 70 to 90. She is discharged today from hospital and they are completely stopping above medications indefinitely and I am very worried because she has been in and out of hospital before with a heart rate of 200 in the past. Is it advisable to stop medication? These2 medication controls the heart rate and the blood pressure and stopping these will cause AF. can a chest infection cause a slow heart rate temporarily ? When we checked the heart rate 2 weeks ago it was around 70 which was the case always except now (chest infection) could you please tell me your expert opinion.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012