Concentrated urine, what could be the problem ?

Hi, my daughter is 4yrs and has been urinating concentrated urine dark yellow in colour, what could be the problem. she is not under any medication
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Dark yellow colour urine may be due body pigment ( bilirubine ) passed in urine infective conditions as hepatitis, it may be seen in hot cliamate, it may be seen after medications or it may be seen after certain foods as carrots etc.
Get examination done by a paediatrician and have pathological examination of urine.
Have a Healthful Day..
General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Hello there,
Dark coloured urine in children could be due to various reasons, of which dehydration is a common cause, else infections like hepatitis( again very common in this age group)/ jaundice can cause dark urine. Other causes are Goodpasture syndrome, Henoch-Schonlein purpura, some kidney problems( stones). Hence i would suggest you to consult with a paediatrician and get the tests done which they ask for. And yes please do not panic for there is hardly anything alarming