Cold followed by dizziness, smoker. Any possibilities of severity ?

Hello, I've been a smoker for 6 months now and recently I've had a cold for about five days and it hasn't gone away. Two days ago I started feeling like I've been really dizzy and I can't lift what I usually can in the gym. I went to the doctors and they said it could be that I've received two flus, but if I'm not feeling better by today I should go to the doctor to get checked. Is there any possibilities it could be something severe?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013