Clitoris area very itchy even after shaving. Cause and remedy?

Lately, my clit area was very itchy but it would get better when I would rub it. So I shaved because I thought the itching was caused by the hairs. But still, it s itchy. So I took a closer look at my clit (first time) and found out that the itchy part was the glans clitoris (i searched it now; the roundish thing). Also, there is no pain, no soreness, no redness.. just plain itchy on the little round pink spot. What could be the reason for this? And how can I treat this?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012