Chronic epilepsy, MTS, Minimal prominence of superior cerebellar folia, subtle reduce volume of upper vermis, taking Epiliv 500, mazitol sr 200, done MRI brain. Operation needed?

Hello sir, I am Prafulla from Indore(M.P-INDIA), My brother(Age 31) having chronic epilepsy from last 21 years. Earlier we try lots of medicine but epilepsy attack not controled, but from. Last 3 months we are doing treatment from KEM(Mumbai), As per KEM prescription we giving him Epiliv 500- (1/2-0-1/2), mazitol sr 200 mg-(0-0-1), frisium 10 mg(0-0-1), nexito plus (0-0-1) , Now from last 3 months he is not get any attack. But ref to MRI BRAIN (EPILEPSY PROTOCOL) reports-Mesial Temporal Sclerosis(MTS) on right and Minimal prominence of superior cerebellar folia with subtle reduce volume of upper vermis. Now Doctors suggested for operation for cure this diseases. I Want know is it operation is only way to cure this problem, even patient is responding to medicine and if yes what type of risks and side effects may appears after operation, and pls suggest best hospital for this kind of Operation.
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012