Chronic asthma. Taking seroflo, stopped, recurring condition. Safe to continue seroflo?

I have been experiencing asthma for the last two years. I was initially advised to take Seroflo for six months. While on the medication , I was fine, but after I stopped taking it, the asthma returned in a month and since then I have been using mainly Asthalin (for SOS). However, there are times when Asthalin stops working and I need to take Seroflo again for a month or so. Wanted to check if it is safe to use Seroflo for prolonged periods of time
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012