Cholesterol is normal but her triglycerides is high. should she concern with her diet control or some exercise ?

Hello, this is Tabassum am speaking on behalf of my mother Mrs. Rehana. My mother is little confused about her report results. Report suggest that her HDL cholesterol is 38mg/dl and LDL cholesterol is 154 mg/dl. When we took this report to our family doctor he said that her Cholesterol is normal but her triglycerides is high. I actually wanted to know what this triglycerides is ? and how it can be reduce ? should she concern with her diet control or some exercise? Please help us in this regard. let me give her brief health profile: Age:50 y Blood pressure: Max: 140-90 regards, Tabassum
Asked On : Thu, 27 May 2010