Child with weight loss, loss of appetite and headaches. On IV fluids due to dehydration. Is this a viral infection?

Hi my son is going on 5 weeks of no energy lost weight no appetite headaches. It all started with a cold and cough all he wsnts to do is lay in bed he usually is very active. He was dehydrated the put him on IV fluids. Ran blood work everything is normal. The did a CT scan of head he has constant headaches. Its normal. We don't know what to do. He just lays look terrible can't go to school. We are told its a virus any help would be great.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013