Child suffering with frequent blackouts followed by dizziness, weakness. What could be the cause?

Hi, my 12 yr old son has been having black outs for the past few weeks. Today after a black out, he felt dizzy and weak for the rest of the afternoon. He said he sees nothing but black dots. He loosed his balance and tumbled. I am conserned and want to know if his is part of him growing or if he needs vitamins . He looked very pale and felt lightheaded. Please help me understand what is happening to him. My email is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012