Child suffering from fever, abdominal pain, diarrhea. Lymph nodes enlarged due to infection. Taking medication

My 9 year old son suffered from the flu for a week (fever abdominal pain and diarrhea ). At the end of that week he stopped running a fever but still had abdominal pain and diarrhea. His primary care doctor thought we should have him checked for possible problem with appendix. On the way to the hospital for the ct scan he developed acute pain on his right side. Blood work, urinary analysis, and ct scan indicated that the appendix were fine, that he had had a virus and that perhaps his lymph nodes in his lower right abdomen were enlarged from the viral infection. Two days later the pain had localized to his right abdomen. I took him to a pediatric ER. Blood and urine came back normal. CT scan indicated stool stuck in as ending colon. I was told to start him on magnesium citrate and miralax. That was late Friday night. He s had the magnesium citrate and has started the miralax. He continues to have pain on his right side and diarrhea. He does not have a history of constipation and normally eats a healthy diet and drinks lots of water.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013