Child suffering from ear ache. What treatment should be done?

Hi, my 3 yr old daughter is suffering with a bit of earache, she said she could hear something in her ear before bedtime last night then awoke in pain later in the night. She seems to not be hearing things as well and she has also had a cough for a couple of weeks now. I m thinking it is more catarrh in her ears than an infection because the pain doesn t seem acute and she hasn t a high temp. Was wondering the best course of treatment?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012