Child having wincing lower back pain, low grade fever, continuous leg pain. Cause?

My 4 year old son has been wincing in pain all day about his lower back...he feels like he has a low grade fever also. His OT therapist noticed it first this morning when they were in the gym and he has just not been his self...wants me to hold him when we went to the store...and has not been very active today...just in little spurts..what do you think this could be? He also has been complaining for months of leg pains...and was seen by a pediatric ortho...and he said right now everything looked okay but wanted to see him again if the ain continued..thanks for any help you can provide...
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012