Child having fits. Given Gardinal and then Valparine200 syrup. Side effects of long term use of this medicine?

Hi, My son is 4.5 year old,he is having fits problem at the age of 1 year.As per doctor recomendation,i had given Gardinal and then Valparine200 syrup .Valparine is giving 4 ml twice in a day.I want to know that what is yhe side effect of this long term given medicine.I observed from past few month that he don t want to sleep .Daily he is sleeping nearly 7-8 hrs.Till wat age the medicine should continue.Please reply my question.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012