Child having fever, chills with cold hands and feet, not dehydrated, had vomiting earlier, taking Tylenol. Is it normal to have frozen hands and feet?

Hello. My 8 1/2 year old son woke up with a low grade fever . He preceded to vomit after complaining that his stomach was not feeling right. Afterwards he ate and drank as he normally would. About 3pm he fell asleep, which is unusual for him. His fever spiked so I gave him Tylenol . At that point he complained that he was cold. Tonight he complained of chills again. He still had a low grade fever but had cold hands and feet . I ve never experienced cold hands and feet with a fever before in any of my children. Is this common or should I run him to the ER. His pediatric on is unavailable and the nurse that is on call could not give me a clear answer. He is not dehydrated as he just urinated about an hour ago. I just gave him Tylenol again.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012