Child having cold, fever, redness around mouth, genital area, has recently started with cleaning herself after toilet use. Any thoughts?

Hi, my nearly 5 year old daughter who has had a very healthy childhood until not has a cold and stayed home on Wednesday from school to rest. She had a slight fever , if at all. Today, I noticed redness around her mouth--almost like a chapped lip which spread outside the lip. Also, she has redness in the genital area, which looks like it may not have been cleaned properly and just gave her some discomfort--she is still relatively new at cleaning herself after using the toilet. So, I wanted to make sure these symptoms are coincidences and that she does not have some more serious illness , which I would hate to be late in getting medical attention. She is otherwise in good spirits, has been going to school and continuing normal life for the past 2 days. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012