Child having cold and cough. Taking budecort. Is it safe to give budecort at this age?

Hi, My 18 months old son has been advised to take budecort for 2 months twice a day. Doctor says that since your son is getting cough after every 15 days since Sep 2011 it is important Budecort to be given. Also Doctor says that at such age it is difficult to say whether my son has severe bronchitis or not but this dosage will prevent any frequent coughs. My thoughts on the same are whenever I get cold I get cough, if I get cold every 15 days if will get cough every 15 days which seems to be natural then why mild steroids for such a thing, it could be cured with antibiotics probably. I am basically very nervous giving him budecort as i feel it is cold followed by cough is natural
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012