Child have rashes on butt, penis and whole body. No medication now. What is the cure for this?

my son for almost two weeks has had an itchy rash the eventually turn into welts. They come in clusters only on his butt, a few on his penis, more clusters on the left and right side of his body that is even with his butt. a couple lingerers on foot and behind knees. they start off looking like big mosquito bites, he cant help but itch (hes 7) then they look like clusters of welts. hydrocortisone crème (over the counter) is not working. we have not changed detergents or his diet. I don't know if I wait another couple weeks or get him into the doctor. you can see the clusters from two weeks ago as if they are going to scar when the new clusters form. please let me know what you think. thank you
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013