Child has typhoid fever, done blood test. Is extra drips necessary?

my daughter age 3.5 years suffering from typhoid fever for past 10 days.Her blood test is s.typhi -o:postive 1 in 160 diln s.typhi -H:postive 1 in 160 diln s.paratyphi AH :nagative 1 in 20 diln s.paratyhi BH :negative 1 in 20 diln. She had ceftriaxone 500mg as IV for past 5 days twice daily but fever remains high 102 f during midnight.I give her barley rice,orange juice,liquid food.But now doctor ask to admit her for drips for 3 more days.Is it necessary?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012