Child has swollen cheek after pulling out baby tooth. Now cheek numbness. What to do next?

my daughter is 9 year old , two weeks ago , she pulled out one of her baby tooth on the left side of her lower jaw . The next day , she had some swelling on her left cheek which last for 2 days . after this incedent , her left side of her cheek didn t react while eating , smiling or speaking , it problem has been existed for two weeks and the doctor whom i consulted told me that it may takes few months to recover , nothing can be done . please advise me what shall i do next . thanks in advance .
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012