Child has runny nose and cough. How safe and effective is Meftal P?

hello dr santosh, worried abt daughter getting fever back after 2 weeks. 2 weeks back she had a viral fever with flu for wihich she was given antibiotic maclar. fever stopped but the cold still persisted. now 2 weeks later she has started getting fever again 99 to 100. my dr has now given her meftal p to be given if fever is more than 100. with solvin cold syrup trice a day. he has recommended a blood test to rule out any infection. said maybe its viral infection then no antibiotics are required. daughter still has a bit running nose and cough.i used to give her ibugesic to reduce fever, now this dr has told me to give meftal p. how safe and effective is this medication thank u Sonia
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012