Child has pain in buttocks, no redness or swelling, no blood in stool. Any suggestions?

My 2 year old son has been complaining for a week now that his butt hurts and he grabs it and crys ...I don t see any redness or swelling or anything when I examine him and I haven t seen any worms or blood in his stool ...his doctor is running some stool samples and took a x-ray of his abdomen and she says if they come back normal then he s just doing this for attention but I know for sure he s not....any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012