Child has neurofibromatosis. Cerebral palsy due to suction cup. Easily distinguishable conditions?

My son has symptoms of cerebral palsy and an IQ of 81. A psychologist who evaluated him believes he has CP but can t diagnose it because of legalities. The suction cup used during birth left a large hematoma on back left side off skull that never resolved and hardened over time. The psychologist who evaluated him said the location would explain his neuromuscular deficits, speech delays etc. my son also has Neurofibromatosis (the common kind with the cafe ole spots) so I believe the hospital will try to blame the NF if we decide to get a lawyer involved. Can these two different conditions be easily separated?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012