What is the treatment for dry itchy skin?

Dermatologist
Question
I am having a dry skin problem, the complete body is dry. I am apllying oil for the complete body after bath, after few mins it is becoming dry and I can sed dry flakes are on entire dress and it is giving me burning sensation. Wat to do??
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Probably you are suffering from a condition called as ichthyosis. In this condition skin flakes out, especially in winters. You need to apply a once a day moisturiser like ammonium lactate. A brand for such cream is AMYLAC. Apply this cream daily. It will help in repairing the skin barrier. Let me know if you have any other doubts Thank you

Follow-up: What is the treatment for dry itchy skin? 17 hours later
Amylac i can see, lotion and cream. What i need to buy? how far this will help me in reducing the Dry skin flakes and burning sensation?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 20 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up As your whole body is dry, go for amylac lotion. It will repair the skin and will be helpful in retaining moisture. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you