Child has cough after operation for pyloricstonosis. Has conjunctivitis, spots on limbs

hi there i am wanting to ask questions about my 7month old son he has been ill a while and cant get any answers from my gp. He had operation for pyloricstonosis when he was 7 weeks old and has had this lingering cough since it has got worse and worse especially at night he has had a couple of chest infections in this time and chickenpox his spots are all gone now and he has conjuctivitis in both eyes a snotty nose , red spots have apperaed on his legs and one on arm his cough makes him scream and choke and throw up he cnt get any sleep niether can i for worrying about him. please do you have any answers ? my gp says its viral but how can it be for so long and not getting better hes also just came off antibiotics for his cough and its worse .
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013